Who are the Reds?
The Reds Volleyball Association was formed in 2020. Two clubs are currently affiliated with the Reds Volleyball Association: the Reds Volleyball Club and the Reds Junior Volleyball Club. The Association exists to facilitate the growth and development of its two affiliated clubs and to unite these two clubs under the Reds Volleyball Association.
The Reds Volleyball Club was established in 2018 as a result of growing calls for a new volleyball club in Perth’s south of the river area. The Club provides competitive playing opportunities for male and female volleyballers in the WAVL State League, Divisions, Junior League and Spikezone.
The Reds Junior Volleyball Club was established in 2020 to provide competitive playing opportunities for junior volleyball athletes in the WAVL Divisions. The Club aims to support the transition of athletes from junior to senior grades of the sport.
In 2019, just our second year, the Reds Volleyball Club was named the 2019 Volleyball WA Club of the Year at the VWA Awards. This is the highest individual Club honour that is awarded by Volleyball WA and recognises the club that has contributed most to the development and growth of volleyball in the State. Three Reds players won Recognition and Achievement Awards and seven Reds players were selected for the WA Steel team and represented the State in the Australian Volleyball League (AVL) competition.
In 2020 the Reds Volleyball Club was awarded the 2020 Volleyball WA Club of the Year and the 2020 Robyn Fittock Indoor Volleyball Club of the Year at the VWA Awards. The Robyn Fittock award recognises the Club that has recorded the strongest indoor volleyball results in 2020, whilst the Club of the Year is awarded to the Club or Association that has contributed most to the development and growth of the sport. Seven Reds players won Recognition and Achievement Awards.
- WAVL competition runs from May to September
- Games are played on a Sunday (with Friday night or Saturday games also fixtures)
- Divisions is suitable for any ability – ages 15 and older
- Reds Membership and WAVL Platinum Membership RequiredPreseason /Trials
- Reds preseason – February and March in the lead up to trials for the WAVL State League and Division teams.Training
- Aquinas College Gym
- State League / Reserves Squads train twice a week
- Divisions teams train once a week
- Junior League is a competition run by Volleyball WA for School Years 7-12
- Competition runs during Terms 2 and 3 at various venues
- One hour matches on Friday nights – start times are between 5:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Training once per week – Aquinas College Gym (and other school venues if required)
- Reds Membership and WAVL Platinum Membership Required
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Junior League program is very popular and can only function efficiently with the support and assistance from parents as volunteers. If you can assist in any way possible please make contact with our Club and offer your support.
- SpikeZone is a modified version of Volleyball designed for primary school students, years 3 to 6 – where they can learn volleyball in a fun, game orientated learning environment with accredited coaches.
- Runs each term with one hour sessions at Aquinas and Penrhos.
- Price includes Membership
Reds Beach Volleyball
- Coaching by accredited coaches with national and international experience
- Commences October – junior boys and girls as well as senior men and women
- Sessions held at Sand Sports Nedlands involve a combination of fitness, skills and match-play simulation.
Subscribe to Reds News
Sign up to receive notification of volleyball season information, try-outs, dates, events and news.